This position is responsible for assisting with winemaking duties during bottling and harvest seasons in the production department. Being flexible and adaptive to the changing priorities of management and other departments is essential. Respecting and upholding stylistic wine and business goals is expected at all times.
This position reports to the Production Manager with key interaction with all members of the Production department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a sanitary working environment (tanks, fittings, hoses, equip., etc.).
- Assist in pre bottling wine preparation: racking barrels, wine transfers, barrel cleaning and maintenance.
- Assist in crush activities: Sorting/de-stem fruit, press operation.
- Assist in cellar activities: punch downs, pump-overs, racking, drains, barrel filling.
- Assist in bottling line activities: loading bottles, loading packaging, palletizing, bottle QC.
- Participate in group tastings and team-building projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Perform task accurately and timely.
- Fulfill work order documentation accurately and timely.
- Effective Communication: report to supervisor effectively, communicate status and notify supervisor of any problems or potential problems.
- Perform according to procedure and all safety protocol.
- College degree or pursuit of degree preferred. High school diploma required.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good English speaking and literacy skills
- Ability to work well as a team and contribute to group tasks.
- Ability to complete work orders independently and willingness to learn.
- Passion for wine.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.