Testarossa Wine Club FAQs
We produce some of the most highly rated Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from California’s most premium vineyards. Joining Club Testarossa is the only way to guarantee that you can get an allocation. Membership also comes with an extensive benefits package. Learn more
Your benefits start immediately upon sign up and you can find a full list of your club benefits HERE.
It is free to sign up and you will be billed starting with the release following your sign up. You can find a list of our average pricing for our clubs here. Many of our wines are exclusive to club members and select Single Vineyard wines that are in distribution will never beat your club price.
Your club level is shorthand for which benefits package you receive. We like to reward our most loyal members, so we increase the scope of our benefits package to correlate with increased spending over the previous 12 months. Your base level is tied to how many bottles you get allocated per release, but if you spend the equivalent of a higher allocation level by purchasing bottles outside of your regular club releases we will raise your club level when the next base is hit. Each level can be reached by purchasing around the following within the previous 12 months: Copper: under 18 bottles; Silver: 3 cases or more; Gold: 4.5 cases or more; Platinum: 9 cases or more. All purchases at Testarossa contribute towards your club level including wine, merchandise, and club events (Corporate or Social events through our Events Department are excluded). More information
Each year we pick the best barrels of our Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from the vintage and blend them into our Diana’s Chardonnay and Niclaire Pinot Noir. These are the ultimate expression of our wines and they are highly rated every vintage. Existing Club Testarossa members can augment their membership by becoming part of our ‘Jensen Reserve Society’ (JRS) by getting a case or more allocated to them each vintage. We also give exclusive benefits to JRS members after the first allocation is purchased. Due to the limited production of these wines, the only way to guarantee that you can try each vintage of our Jensen Reserve wines is by becoming a member of JRS. Membership is limited to existing Club Testarossa members. More information about JRS.
Your rank is determined by how much you have spent over the past 12 months compared to other members. We host exclusive events and open up sales for some small lot wines depending on where you fall on the ranking list.
We always encourage you to try the wines that come in each release, but you are welcome to swap bottles out for items of equal or greater value when picking up your club releases in our Tasting Rooms or Wine Bar. You can also exchange wines prior to pickup or shipment by emailing email@example.com.
We have events throughout the year which include, but are not limited to:
- Grower Luncheons: These are intimate gatherings that occur with most Single Vineyard club releases during the year and feature a vineyard manager from the respective Vineyard associated with each release. Proprietors Rob & Diana Jensen as well as our Director of Winemaking Bill Brosseau are often in attendance.
- JRS Release Party: a party held once a year to celebrate the release of our Jensen Reserve Wines. This event is exclusive to JRS members.
- Platinum Party: Each summer we invite our Platinum members to come enjoy lunch and library wines as we celebrate each new vintage of Pisoni Pinot Noir.
- Carmel Valley Release Parties: We host release parties for our Appellation and Portfolio Series clubs for our Carmel Valley members.
- Barrel Tasting: Try our newest vintage Pinot Noir’s while still in barrel at our annual Barrel Tasting event
- Harvest Experience: Put your stamp on the vintage by performing grape sorting, punch downs, barrel stirring and other tasks with our production crew.
- Harvest Dinner: A five-course meal prepared by our culinary team that is paired with current vintage and library wines at the conclusion of each year’s harvest.
- Vineyard Trip: An annual trip to the Santa Lucia Highlands where you can get a tour of some of our favorite vineyards.
- Salon Tasting: This is an intimate and seated tasting flight hosted by a member of our Education Team. Reservations can be made in our webstore.
- Los Gatos Wine & Cheese Experience: This is an intimate tour by one of our Wine Educator’s through our historical cellars and production areas and gives a history of the Novitiate and the Jensen Family. The tour ends with a private salon-style tasting with a selection of artisan cheeses.
- Testarossa University: In depth educational courses that cover various topics across the wine world. New classes are always coming out throughout the year and are led by our Education team.
- Testarossa Experience Tour and Tasting: Four complimentary tickets per year are given to members. This is a tour of our winery and production areas and ends with a tasting flight.
Reservations can be made on CellarPass or through specific links sent on the event invitation.
Of course! We will just need to get your information and the recipient’s information along with the duration of the membership and we can get them started! Give us a call at (408) 354-0797 to start the membership.
We always send an email out on billing dates and send occasional emails out throughout the month. We encourage everyone to have an active email with us because that is our primary form of communication and it will keep you in the loop about general happenings around Testarossa as well as when your card is billed and when new releases become available.
If you haven’t received any emails we encourage you to check your spam folder and make sure that we have been white listed on your account.
If you have previously unsubscribed from our list you can whitelist us by entering your information here. It is also possible that we have a typo in your address so you can call us at (408) 3545-0797 to make sure that we have it entered correctly.
You can update it in our Tasting Rooms or by calling (408) 354-0797.
Because of limited storage space at the winery, we have pick up deadlines for our club releases before they are shipped to your address on file. As an Appellation or Portfolio Series Club member we have a period of about three months before the pick up deadline for each release. As a Single Vineyard Club member, if three consecutive club releases are not picked up, usually over a period of about four months, they will be shipped. Pick up reminders will be sent prior to shipment and we are happy to extend pickup windows upon request.
If your wine is returned we will contact you when it comes back to us to confirm your address and coordinate a time to reship. If you are a pick up member and your wine was shipped because it wasn’t picked up by our deadline we will return your wine to our will call area automatically.
We use UPS for all of our shipping orders. Once orders are in transit you will receive a tracking number sent to the email address we have on file. A signature from someone over 21 is required in order to receive a package, so we encourage you to use a business address or a UPS holding facility if possible that way we can guarantee that it will be signed for. Packages are delivered Monday through Friday.
We are happy to group club releases and ship them in whatever interval you prefer. This has the double benefit of saving you money on shipping costs and decreasing the frequency that you need to coordinate signing for packages. Email us to arrange a new release shipment interval.
Give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We can delay the shipment to whatever date you choose or we can group it with the following club release.
Wine is fragile and can be damaged when exposed to extreme temperatures. We want to be sure the wine you receive is in top quality, so we delay shipment to states that are exposed to extreme heat or cold along the transit routes to the destination point. All accumulated orders will be shipped together once safe temperatures are reached and will only ship after a communicative email is sent. We hold shipments where temperatures are below 32 degrees and above 90 degrees Fahrenheit along transit routes to the final destination point. All wine is kept in our temperature controlled cellars in the meantime.
Of course! All of our wines are small production so many sell out soon after release. Increasing your allocation is the best way to be sure that you can get enough of each wine before the next vintage is released. Emailing email@example.com is the best way to increase your allocation.
We have a 100% quality guarantee for all of our wines so if you suspect you have an off-bottle let us know and we will be happy to replace it!
Only two people can be tied to each membership and club benefits are only redeemable to members who are present at the winery. Guests of members can only receive benefits if they are present with an existing member. We also offer a referral program to those who recruit friends to the club! Contact us for more information.
We use CellarPass.com for booking reservations for our Elevated Tasting experiences, Testarossa University, Club Events, and Wine Bar 107. Before placing your first reservation you need to create an account by clicking “My Account” and then “Create CellarPass Account” using your email address that we have on file. This will ensure that your club discount is applied. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.