Testarossa Employee Portal
Construction Update – Monday, October 7th
I wish I had more to share, but we are still in a dance with the Building Department to get our permits approved so construction can start. The main sticking point is reconciling our historic landmark qualifying buildings with the California Historic Building Code (CHBC) and the ever tightening fire safety requirements for new buildings and buildings that are submit permit applications for major renovations, which is us.
We have a fantastic code consultant, and amazing architect with tons of experience retrofitting historic buildings and a fantastic General Contractor who are all optimistic that we can work with the County on a mutually acceptable, and most importantly, safe solution for all of our team members, guests and vendors.
At this point we feel there is very little chance that construction will start in the next four to five months. Stay tuned.
EMPLOYEE PARKING POLICY
Parking Changes: For safety purposes, please do not park behind the winery Monday-Friday, unless you are a part of the Production Team. This temporary change is effective immediately and goes through the end of Harvest. See the Temporary Parking Restrictions section in following policy.
Asphalt Work: On Friday, September 13th we will have asphalt work done behind the winery. Please DO NOT park behind the winery this day (including production staff).
The overall goal of the winery is to give our guest the best experience possible from the minute they arrive on our property. One of the first things that guests experience at the winery is the ease of finding parking, and how far they have to walk from their vehicle to get inside the winery. To achieve the goal of a great guest experience, we have implemented the following staff parking policies:
- Always park in the rear of the parking lot to allow guests to park in the closest spaces.
- Employees, who are also Wine Club members, are not to use the Members Only parking spaces when working.
- For staff safety, do not park behind the winery during Harvest (details sent annually via email).
- Additional guidance may be given based on the Harvest or Events schedule.
Weekday (M-F): All parking lots are okay to use by employees with the exception of the Upper/Overlook Parking Area on Fridays. Please leave the Overlook/Upper Parking Lot spaces available for Wine Bar guests and during Harvest, the crush pad area should be reserved M-F for Production staff.
Weekend and Holiday: Employees should only park in the following areas on weekends:
- Anywhere behind the winery where there is a marked space:
- Directly behind C2 is okay to park on weekends, but not weekdays. Do not park in or block the covered garage at the back of this area.
- Spaces marked in front of Green shed (Sat/Sun/Holiday Only).
- Dirt area next to barn.
- Deer Parking Lot under the following restrictions:
- Please park facing up hill and avoid parking here if your shift ends when it is dark.
- This parking area may become muddy in wet conditions.
- Ideal parking area for Tasting Room Staff (March through November).
X – Okay to park Grey Box – Parking not permitted Grey Box with X – Parking permitted with restrictions
Temporary Parking Restrictions for Harvest/Special Circumstances:
- Non production staff will not park in the crush pad area Monday – Friday. If there is a large event and we need to make a change to accommodate guests then please let production know ahead of time.
- During the weekends non production staff will park near the upper warehouse and access the winery through the third floor. OR they will park in the parking spaces by Edgar’s green shed and the horse barn in which case they will access these spots via the large gate by the old slaughter house.
- If we’re processing fruit then staff will not access the winery via the crush pad (i.e. the slope leading down to cellar A). Non production staff will take the path from the green shed, past the overflow parking lot, through the main parking lot to reach the winery if production is processing fruit.
Charging of Electric Vehicles on Testarossa Property:
Effective April 2019
- Charging of electric vehicles is prohibited on Testarossa Winery property. Testarossa Winery does not have the proper setup (parking spaces and charging stations) to safely offer this service to staff or guests.
- In the event of an emergency situation, a staff member may be granted approval to do so. In this situation, please seek approval from your department manager.