Testarossa Winery is dedicated to producing world class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from California’s best vineyards. We occupy the site of the historic Novitiate Winery in the foothills of Los Gatos, a property that has been producing wine continuously since Jesuit fathers and monks broke ground here for their mission in 1888. Today, we operate a vibrant, table service wine bar, tasting room and private events business servicing local residents, visitors, and international travelers who seek the best quality in California wines.
We are hiring currently for a part / full time Supervisor in Wine Bar 107—an outdoor, casual, table-service venue serving Testarossa’s current vintages, a well -curated menu of artisan cheese, charcuterie, salads and breads and featuring live music three times per week.
The Wine Bar Supervisor reports directly to the Wine Bar Manager. This position will oversee the frontline service staff, wine bar kitchen staff and will interact directly with key supervisor personnel in the Tasting Room and Events Departments to ensure that our guests receive impeccable service and hospitality. Our ideal candidate understands how to foster and maintain positive relationships with guests and colleagues alike and is able to direct service staff with clarity and grace and ensure that every visitor has an experience worthy of our stated goals and mission.
- Genuine interest and curiosity for people (employee / guest)
- Oversee Service/kitchen staff and ensure standards of service are met in all areas.
- Work closely with the WB host to seat the restaurant strategically and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot guest concerns with grace and decorum
- Develop and nurture guest / member relationships with the goal of building repeat visits and brand loyalty.
- Schedule Wine Bar Staff according to company policy
- Develop expert understanding of Testarossa products and wine bar menu items
- Accurate opening and closing of all Point of Sales Registers and fulfillment of all sales reports.
- Constant evaluation of how to improve our service and hospitality program and how to develop employee capabilities.
- Implementation of and accountability to sales and labor goals set forth by the Wine Bar Manager and Director of Hospitality.