This position is responsible for overseeing the operations and meeting the sales goal of Wine Bar 107. The Wine Bar Supervisor will manage a team of staff to create a positive work environment with highly trained and motivated staff to ensure an exceptional guest experience. This position reports to the Hospitality Operations Manager and Director of Hospitality, with key interaction with members of every department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, train, retain, promote, and coach team members in conjunction with the Hospitality Manager, Director of Hospitality and Human Resources Manager
- Conduct food & beverage service training; Continually develop wine bar team members food and wine pairing, menu knowledge and guest service awareness
- Meet monthly sales numbers
- Utilize HR Information System to schedule all Wine Bar staff in advance (per policy)
- Manage payroll information for Wine Bar staff: Manage/approve vacation and sick time requests, provide tip and commission amounts for each employee (daily) and review/correct/approve employee timecards (weekly).
- Maintain low labor costs by managing staff hours
- Manage sales incentives and competitions for the staff
- Fill in for Wine Bar positions when short staffed/as needed
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- 2+ years of experience in restaurant management
- Strong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, results oriented, and customer service focused
- Positive attitude with the wiliness to jump in and help wherever and whenever needed
- Ability to create a fun work environment with engaged staff, leading to highly trained and highly motivated team
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Available to work Wednesday-Sunday and holidays
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Ability to work indoor/outdoor, in all weather conditions (rain or shine), stand and walk for the duration of the shift (7+ hours) and frequently reach, lift, carry and bend
Compensation & Benefits
- Exempt (salaried) position, plus commission with paid holiday, vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance (affordable and high coverage plan offerings) and flexible spending account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Employee Discounts (50% off our wines and many more!) and Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!
Please include a resume.