The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for overseeing the operations of the off-site kitchen and the on-site kitchen at the winery, including but not limited to: organizing all prep lists, keeping inventory, ordering, hiring, training, coaching and documentation of all kitchen staff performance. This position will create wine friendly menus using quality, seasonal ingredients that can be streamlined and well-executed at the winery.
This Chef de Cuisine is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Hospitality and is supported by the Culinary Supervisor, Kitchen Office Supervisor and Kitchen Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all food prep and production to be transferred to the winery.
- Managing kitchen staff, including hiring, training, coaching and documenting performance and discipline.
- Making prep lists, organizing and keeping inventory for cold side, hot side, dry goods and Wine Bar 107 food.
- Planning and ordering in bulk, when possible, while considering the menus for the next 10 days.
- Creating a positive team environment, with motivated and trained staff.
- Communicating with the Director of Hospitality any concerns regarding menu prep and staff issues.
- Being proactive and anticipating future needs.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- To successfully lead and manage the kitchen team
- To keep cost low and quality high
- To participate with and support the team environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a kitchen team
- Management skills, working knowledge of food & labor cost controls
- Experience in advanced cooking: baking, sauces, all methods and preparations of hot and cold food
- Knowledge of ordering procedure for produce, dairy, meat, fish & grocery
- Must have current ServSafe Certification
- Must have knowledge safe knife usage
- Health & sanitation knowledge
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Some travel may be required (Driving to/from Los Gatos Winery & San Jose Kitchen)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Exempt, salaried position (compensation dependent on experience)
- Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (affordable and high coverage plan offerings)
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401(k) with a match
- 50% off our wines!
- Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!