The Payroll Specialist is responsible for accurately administering the day-to-day operations of payroll and assisting with Human Resources administration and onboarding. This full-time position reports to the Chief Financial Officer with key interaction with members of every department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly payroll for approximately 170 employees, including full review of data for accuracy.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of payroll administration, time reporting, and garnishments.
- Monitor electronic time clocks and review the downloaded data for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various supervisors for any missed time, corrections and approvals.
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation and delivery of employee pay, deductions, taxes, etc.
- Maintain and audit vacation leave and sick leave accruals.
- Answer employee questions and resolve problems regarding payroll.
- Assist the Human Resources Department:
- Maintain the data integrity of the HRIS (Paycom) in collaboration with the HR Manager.
- Responsible for on-boarding of new staff, including creation of new hire packets, conducting new staff orientations and assembling personnel files.
- Train employees and managers on Paycom portal use.
- Interface with management providing reports from payroll system software.
- Filing, maintenance and audit of payroll and HR records (employee files, I9, etc.).
- Coordinate with Accounting/Finance to assure seamless and timely integration of information and documentation as required.
- Comply with federal and state regulations concerning payroll.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience – Paycom experience a plus
- AA/AS in Finance or Business Administration related field required
- Knowledge of payroll practices, federal, state, local labor laws, and taxation of employer paid benefits
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Positive and proactive team player
- Experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual Spanish also a plus
- Paid Time Off: Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (affordable and high coverage plan offerings)
- 401(k) with a match
- 50% off our wines (plus many more discounts!), Employee Referral Program and a great place to work!!!