This position is responsible for following all recipes as set by the Chef de Cuisine: perform a variety of food preparation duties, as well as accurate transfer of all items to the winery.
This position reports to the Chef de Cuisine and Kitchen Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the prep list(s) as created by Chef de Cuisine and Kitchen Supervisor(s)
- Label, stock and organize all ingredients in accordance with sanitation guidelines to ensure proper storage
- Accurately follow and execute recipes as set by the CDC
- Cleans and sanitizes all working surfaces, tools, utensils and equipment
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with health and sanitation guidelines
- Communicate ingredient needs and inventory levels to the CDC and/or KS
- Label and organize event specific preparation per event day as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chef de Cuisine and Kitchen Supervisor(s)
- 1+ years kitchen experience required or similar Culinary school
- Must have current ServSafe/California Food Handlers Certification
- Safe knife skills
- Health & sanitation knowledge
- Basic math skills to accurately follow and multiply recipes
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate in a respectful manner
- Must be proactive, have a sense of urgency and have a positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Attention to detail
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (weekends)
- Walk, stand, bend, kneel, reach, chop, etc. for the duration of the shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Drive to/from the offsite kitchen in San Jose to the Winery in Los Gatos, as needed
- Sick Time
- 50% off Wines, 30% off on Tasting Room Merchandise, 40% off Logo Wear & 20% off Wine Bar Food
- Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!
Please include your resume.