January/February Single Vineyard Club Releases
Happy New Year 2018
25 years of Testarossa (1993-2018+) and the best is yet to come!
By Rob Jensen
January of each year is always a great time to reflect on the accomplishments of the past 12 months, as well as get excited about the new challenges and opportunities in the coming vintage. As we enter our 25th year since we started making wine in our Silicon Valley garage, we believe it is a great time to look back not only on the accomplishments of the past year, but also the amazing things that have happened over the past two and half decades at Testarossa.
The innovations and improvements aren’t happening only in the cellars. We are in the middle of a large new initiative focused on creating new benefits and offerings for our Wine Club members starting this spring.
In early 2018 will be doing a makeover on our Guest/Member Services, especially on weekends and busy holidays. Many of the changes you will see include:
In Los Gatos:
- Welcome Centers where guests will check in at either parking lot entrance so you can be directed to the least crowded Tasting Area, or available Specialty Tasting. As a convenience, Members will eventually be able to check in online and bypass the Welcome Centers.
- Member Reservations - Members can make reservations for specific Tasting Areas before arriving on property (roll out targeted for 2nd half of 2018)
- “Head of the Line” priority - Members who did not check in online will get “head of the line” priority from our new Welcome Centers when it comes to available seating in our many different Tasting Areas:
- Main Tasting Room
- 1915 Cellar 7 Tasting Room
- Club Members Lounge in Cellar 6 (Exclusive sit down tasting for Club Members)
- JRS Terrace and Still Room for JRS and Platinum members
- Priority Seating in Wine Bar 107 – when Wine Bar 107 is at capacity, Members will go to the top of the waiting list
In Carmel Valley:
- Specialty Tastings – we are expanding our Testarossa University wine classes and Specialty Tastings to include classes and tastings in Carmel Valley
- Meet the Winemakers Release Weekends – our long time Winemaker, a Monterey County resident, along with Diana and I will be regular fixtures through out the year in Carmel on release weekends. Dates and times will be listed on the Carmel Valley page of testarossa.com
- Other Special events are planned include lunches, dinners and vineyard trips specifically for our Carmel Valley Club Testarossa Members. Make sure we have up to date email addresses so you don’t miss out on these announcements.
The future has never been more bright! The quality of the wines led by Bill Brosseau and his winemaking team has never been higher.
We are investing heavily in adding many new, educational, and fun experiences for our Members and guests in both Los Gatos and Carmel Valley. Over the next few months come see what’s new. We can’t wait to show you what’s new!
Thank you for being such an important member of our wine journey as we, with you, add new chapters, and great wines, to the living history of the historic 19th Century Novitiate of Los Gatos Winery!
Rob, Diana, Nick and Claire Jensen, and Bill Brosseau