This position is responsible for the tactical functions of human resources supporting a staff of approximately 140 full and part-time employees. This position is the sole HR practitioner, thus must work independently and prioritize accordingly.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer with key interaction with the executive team and entire staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures; maintain and update employee handbook asneeded; oversee human resources planning and procedures for all company personnel.
- Handle employee relations counseling and management coaching. Effectively communicate with employees atall levels to instill camaraderie and positive company culture.
- Responsible for company hiring, including working with managers on job requisitions and creating and updatingjob descriptions, preparing offering letters and managing background check processing.
- Maintain performance evaluation program and work with CFO on compensation and salary budget as needed.
- Work closely with Payroll Specialist to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, and adherence topolicies and applicable federal and state laws.
- Manage benefits administration enrollment/change reporting; approve health benefit invoices for payment,manage COBRA participants and annual re-evaluation of benefits program. Work closely with the benefits brokers to ensure effective communication, administration and management of the employee benefits program.
- Responsible for 401k administration, working with outside administrators & payroll company.
- Manage and administer workers’ compensation plan program and claims.
- Work with applicable department executives on employee safety and health programs including IIPP.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Handle employee termination process including exit interviews and checklists.
- Mentor recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; monitors career progression, approve employment advertisements. Assist with identification of appropriate and effective external sources for candidates at all levels within the company.
- Work with managers to schedule/monitor employee regulatory training, as well as working with outside training companies as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- To participate with and support the team environment
- To build relationships with and support managers and employees to be successful in their roles
- To communicate with management any issues that arise and recommend possible solutions
- 5-7 years of HR experience with BS degree in Business or related field required.
- SHRM-SCP, SPHR or SHRM-CP, PHR certification desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Payroll, time & attendance & HRIS systems experience desired.
- Positive attitude and self-starter