The General Winery Worker is an entry level position responsible for assisting with facilities, janitorial, winemaking and warehouse duties. Being flexible and adaptive to the changing priorities of management and other departments is essential. Respecting and upholding stylistic wine and business goals is expected at all times. This full-time position reports to the Facilities Director with interactions with all members of the Production department. During harvest, this role will report to the Cellarmaster or Production Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Facilities Director with Facilities projects; plumbing, HVAC, electrical work, and construction projects (primary role)
- Perform manual labor
- Set an efficient work-pace that maintains high quality work while meeting the needs of the dept.
- Assist with winery cleaning operations
- Assist in cellar activities: barrel washing and work, barrel topping, cellar equipment cleaning, cellar presentation, harvest procedures, and other processes
- Assist in bottling duties, warehouse, wine club packing, and other wine packing duties
- Assist in landscaping and janitorial cleaning duties
- Maintain daily sanitation/cleanliness/appearance of all work areas
- Follow all policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Innovate where there are unsafe/repetitive tasks and seek supervisor input when needed
- Communicate the status of projects and notify supervisor of any problems or potential problems
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- High School diploma
- Competence and comfort utilizing power tools, working at elevated levels, and following manuals or written instructions
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Good English speaking and literacy skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well independently as well as with a team
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Work schedule may vary based on project timelines and business conditions. Most work weeks will adhere to Monday –Friday. Time of day will be mutually agreed to by both parties.
- Ability to lift and carry up 50lbs frequently
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift
- Repetitive motions: lifting, reaching, grabbing, climbing stairs, kneeling and twisting.
- Work typically performed both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Full-Time Benefits (30+hrs/week):
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrual of up to 2+ weeks of vacation per year
- Accrual of up to 8.67 sick days per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Testarossa covers 80% of the monthly premium)
- 401(k) with a match!
- 50% off Wines, 30% off on Tasting Room Merchandise, 40% off Logo Wear and 20% off Wine Bar Food
- Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!
Please include your resume.