This Events Line Cook is responsible for successfully executing menu items for winery events as designed by the Chef de Cuisine (CDC).
This is a part-time position that reports to the CDC and Culinary Supervisor with key interaction with members of every department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uniformly and efficiently execute final execution and plating of salads, entrees, appetizers and desserts and buffet items based on the design of the CDC
- Setup, breakdown and clean-up/sanitation of satellite kitchen and corresponding areas
- Take specific direction on food preparation and presentation
- Remove & organize all food items from the catering van upon its' arrival
- Report inventory levels of food items to the Culinary Supervisor and CDC
- Work quickly and efficiently in a face-paced environment
- Minimum 1 year kitchen experience or similar culinary school training
- Must have current ServSafe and/or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Safe knife skills
- Health & sanitation knowledge
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Must be proactive, have a sense of urgency and a positive attitude
- Respectful and effective communication
- Professional appearance
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Must be available 2-3 evenings per week, plus holidays and weekends
- Walk, stand, bend, kneel, and reach frequently for the duration of the shift
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Drive to/from the offsite kitchen in San Jose to the Winery in Los Gatos, as needed
- Sick Time (1 hour for every 30 hours worked)
- 50% off Wines!
- 30% off on Tasting Room Merchandise
- 40% off Logo wear
- 20% off Wine Bar Food
- Employee Referral Program
- A great place to work!!!
Please include your resume.