This position supervises all aspects of our Tasting Room in Carmel Valley to ensure that our guests receive the best possible experience. The Tasting Room Supervisor is also responsible for meeting sales goals, increasing club memberships and upholding all policies and procedures.
Position reports to the Director of Hospitality including key interactions with members of every department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting Tasting Room sales goals set by Director of Hospitality.
- Assist in development of innovative ideas to ensure continuation of Tasting Room growth.
- Reconcile all daily sales folders, make deposits and submit appropriate Wine Club forms and reports to the Director of Hospitality on a daily basis.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, and evaluating part time staff.
- First point of contact for guest experience issues.
- Communicate any staff issues with the Director of Hospitality.
- Responsible for aesthetics of merchandise displays, outside areas and overall Tasting Room appearance.
- Communicate any inventory or movement of wine needs with Hospitality Ops Manager
- Responsible for monthly wine and supplies inventory reconciliations.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity of POS database.
- Develop relationships with club members and the community to foster brand loyalty.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- To ensure delivery of the Testarossa Experience.
- To build relationships that foster brand loyalty.
- To participate in and support the team environment.
- To work with the Director of Hospitality to meet or exceed all goals.
- To communicate with the Director of Hospitality any issues that may arise.
- Minimum two years in a supervisor role preferably in a Tasting Room or Restaurant setting.
- Retail experience preferred; strong ability to present product, up sell & cross sell.
- Strong computer knowledge, skills, and abilities including Microsoft Office and POS systems.
- Professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and ability to lead a team.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time.