As a gracious host representing the Testarossa brand, the Tasting Room Sales Associate will welcome wine club members, guests and visitors, pour flights of wine, educate visitors on our premium single-vineyard chardonnays and pinot noirs, discuss grape growing and production processes, serving tips and food pairings. Loyal wine club members are eager to hear about sales specials, upcoming releases, and exclusive wine club events. First-time visitors afford you the opportunity to talk about the unique characteristics of the wines they are tasting, mention our 20+ partner grape growers and our 25 years of producing award-winning, fine wines – all leading up to you welcoming them up as the newest member of Club Testarossa! This part-time position reports to the Tasting Room Manager and works closely with all Hospitality staff and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pour and explain the taste of wines in order to sell customers on the wine clubs and wine sales
- Educate guests about the Testarossa history and wines
- Maintain winery image to reinforce standards of the brand
- Accurate use of the POS system, registers and business systems
- Pro-actively restock wine, supplies and merchandise from the stock room into the Tasting Room
- Maintain the aesthetics of the winery
- Wash/polish wine glasses
- Maintain cleanliness of the Tasting Room, including, but not limited to the patio, tasting room, bathroom, wine closet, events areas and parking lot.
- Ensure the best guest service experience
- Build enduring relationships that foster brand loyalty
- Work well with management and other TR associates to foster a collaborative team environment
- Support departmental and corporate initiatives to meet or exceed wine sales and membership goals
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- 1 year of Winery or hospitality experience preferred
- Utmost integrity, accountability, highly responsible and reliable.
- Sufficient first-hand knowledge of wine and wine-related topics
- Sales experience preferred: ability to present product, up sell and cross sell
- Passion for wine in your day-to-day life
- Must be a positive team player
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Professional appearance and hospitable demeanor
- You must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid CA driver’s license, pass background check, and complete the Responsible Beverage Service Certification online.
- Weekend and holiday availability a must!
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Los Gatos Winery occasionally
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs and stand for the duration of the shift with repetitive motions including, lifting club packs and cases of wine, opening bottles, pouring and reaching when restocking racks.
- Paid Sick Time
- 50% off Wines, 30% off on Tasting Room Merchandise, 40% off Logo Wear & 20% off Wine Bar Food
- Employee Referral Program
- 401(K) Retirement Savings with a match
- Great work environment with passionate colleagues!
Please include your resume.