The Accounts Receivable Specialist position supports the Wholesale Sales function and is responsible for all accounts receivable, credit and collections, sales reporting and interacting directly with wholesale customers, brokers and internal sales staff. Additionally, this role is responsible for reporting and entry of daily Hospitality and Tasting Room sales, including accurately processing cash collected. This full-time position reports to the Chief Financial Officer with key interaction with the National Sales Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process all orders for retail, restaurant and all wholesale customers in a timely manner in our internal system and with our warehouses to fulfill orders.
- Interact with customers by phone and e-mail and deliver wine to local customers in emergency shortage situations.
- Manage inventory levels at multiple warehouses to fulfill orders. Work closely with internal and external shipping personnel to move wine when necessary. Reconcile inventory for each location monthly and make adjustments in system when necessary.
- Process collections of all wholesale orders for all wholesale customers. Prepare Accounts Receivable Aging and report to CFO, National Sales Manager & brokers weekly.
- Review and approve warehouse invoices for storage and shipping charges, and obtain National Sales Manager approval for any bill-backs from wholesale customers. Once approved, submit to accounts payable for processing.
- Prepare daily reports from Point-of-Sale system reports and input into GL system. Work with Staff Accountant and Hospitality Staff on any out of balance issues.
- Responsible for handling of cash from Point-of-Sale system folders from the Tasting Room, Events, Wine Bar and Education registers. Responsible for weekly cash reconciliation report and deposit to bank, as well as daily POS reconciliation report. Work with Staff Accountant and Hospitality Staff for out of balance issues. All unresolved issues should be reported to the CFO as soon as possible.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of A.S./A.A. Degree in Accounting required
- 3-5 years current experience in Accounts Receivable processing and Collections
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word required and experience using WIMS Software a major bonus
- Wine industry experience desired
- Must have attention to detail and meticulous cash handling skills
- Must be a team player and self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Some local travel required (bank, post office, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Repetitive motions typing, reaching, bending and walking up stairs.
- Paid Time Off: Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (affordable and high coverage plan offerings)
- 401(k) with a match
- 50% off our wines (plus many more discounts!), Employee Referral Program and a great place to work!!!